Olá!!!
This is my first post, in my first blog, and I’m excited for it. I just only hope not to do many mistakes with the English, I’m sorry… However I hope to be comprehensible.
I’m just returned home from my last travel, and as usual I’m sad, because I think to have left Lisbon too early…
This was my first time in Portugal and I’m been there only for 4 days, but 4 wonderful days.
This is a brief description of what I have seen and what I have done in this magic city, I hope it would be useful for who would visit Lisbon, or just a funny reading.
First day: Friday 19th august 2011
We arrived in Lisbon at 3 p.m. after a flight of about trhee hours from Bologna. We had the hotel near the square Marques de Pombal at the beginning of Avenida Liberdade that is the most important and commercial streets of Lisbon. This zone seemed the financial distric of the city, but near our hotel there were also some nightclubs. We have done a walk from the square Marques de Pombal along the Avenida Liberdade, towards the river (rio Tejo). This street is full of fashion shops like Louis Vuitton, Calvin Klein, Dior, Chanel, Dolce & Gabbana, Mango. The structure of this street is similar to the Rambla of Barcelona because there is a large central pedestrain area with trees and the cars run on the two sides of this area. We stopped to drink a Sagres (typical portuguese beer http://www.sagres.pt/) with some green hot peppers near the square Restoradores with the Obelisque.
Continuing towards the river we entered in Praça Dom Pedro IV that is full of people, shops, coffee and bakeries, from this square starts a uphill street full of fashion shops like H&M, Zara, Miss sixty, Custo Barcelona, there is also a very nice small commercial centre.
In the little commercial centre near Dom Pedro IV square I found black Ray Ban Wayfarer (http://www.ray-ban.com) sold at 99€. I was loking for a pair of black discounted Wayfarer since weeks, so finally I have found them in Lisbon. When I decided to buy them the kind guy of the shop told me that I could chose another pair of glasses because the second one was free… I thought It was my lucky day.
We had dinner in one of the many restaurants that there were in that area. I don’t eat fish, so I can’t say nothing about the typical pourtugese food: the sardines. But we had drunk their Porto, and it tastes very, very, very good…
We passed the night in Bairro Alto, we entered in a lot of pub, coffee, nightclub. There were a lot of people talking in the street, drinking cocktails or Sagres. I like Bairro Alto a lot because I have never seen so many alleys with music and people, there are places for every kind of people, with every kind of music, and the prices of the drinks for us (italian) are very cheap. We entered in a cuban club, where you can drink and dance, then we went in a rock-metal small pub, where the barmen did very good flame shots. We passed there a very nice night, meeting people, dancing, drinking and chatting in many places.
In the following posts I’ll write our other adventures in Lisbon.
Bye!



No comments:
Post a Comment