Search This Blog

Monday, 12 March 2012

The Maccabees

Hi guys! It’s a lot of time that I don’t post, but I haven’t done any travel, and I was quite insecure about the topics of my blog and how to organize it. In this days I have thought to divide my blog in different topics for example: travel, shopping, music-books-cinema-television, my science, and anything else. 
So I decide to start to write about The Maccabees. They are a young indie-rock band from Brighton and I discovered them by accident just about a month ago, but they’re on the scene from the 2005 when their first single X-ray (I like it a lot) came out, but I will not talk about their biography because you can find it on their site or Wikipedia. 
I have seen a lot of times the spot of new tv series Gettysburg of Scott brothers, and every time I thought: -But who sings this song? I like it! -. And When I discovered The Maccabees I discovered also that the song of the spot was theirs, and it’s No kind words from the album Wall of arms (2009). But the most interesting thing I think it’s their new video Pelican from their last album Given to the Wild (2012). I think the song is a sixties-contemporary masterpiece. The video is a work of art directed by David Wilson, an English artist and movie director, where many objects of our common life are cut in two halves.
I also like a lot their new album Given to the Wild, it’s my new obsession. I like all the instrumental parts and their equilibrium with the voice. I like all songs, the maximum level for me is reached in Pelican that has all the features of a perfect single and Forever I’ve Known that is more introspective.  
The only flaw for me is Feel to Follow because I don’t like the voice in the initial part, but this is only my taste.
So I think they are a very interesting and promising band, and also their two previous albums Colour it in (2007) and Wall of Arms (2009) deserve to be heard!
And Maccabees see you in London on June 6th!
Here some interesting link about The Maccabees: 

No comments:

Post a Comment