Search This Blog

Monday, 26 March 2012

The Maccabees live in Cambridge (19th March 2012)

Hello,
I’d like to talk about this concert that took place in Corn Exchange in Cambridge last Monday.
Yes, I came from Italy to see it, but I had some others important reasons to go to Cambridge… but now talk about the concert.
I had a seat on the balcony so I saw them from far away...but the music had great acoustics.

They started with Child, the song that opens also their last album Given To The Wild, it was absolutely a great choice that involved immediately the public. They continued with songs from all their three albums with a perfect continuity between the songs: the more animated rhythm of songs like X-Ray and Pelican alternating to a more introspective sound of songs like Forever I've Known. But I think the most interesting aspect was the great instrumental performance alternated to the vocals parts. They don’t play at all like a quiet and shy band, rather in the instrumental parts comes out their most unexpected wild soul. I think a live is absolutely the best way to appreciate their duplicity of introvert and in the same time wild band. Absolutely a very great concert! Obviously this is just my humble and partial opinion.



No comments:

Post a Comment